Given the fact that Entrepreneurial Discovery Process (EDP) is one of the most prevailing RIS3 methods applied essentially by many regions, EDP focus groups tool is the main tool for organizing and managing the whole process, through a web-based dashboard. This application also helps RIS3 stakeholders to contact stakeholders participating in this process in a quick and easy manner, as well as to share the outcomes of the process with them. Final reports can also be uploaded on the platform, so that they become available as examples to other policy-makers that try to design their EDP processes.
The logical steps of the application, based on its methodological description are:
- Step 1: Creation of the regional EDP page.
- Step 2: Definition of the main sectors that will be examined throughout the EDP process.
- Step 3: Definition of the main stakeholders that will participate at the process.
- Step 4: Creation of the event and the EDP Focus Group Agenda.
- Step 5: Share information with participants regarding the date and venue of the focus group meetings.
- Step 6: Conduct of the event through physical participation of the regional authorities and stakeholders.
- Step 7: Development of a report for each EDP Focus Group, as well as a final comprehensive report including a summary of the overall findings. The users will be able to share this report with public, so the stakeholders will be informed for the final outcomes of the process, and other policy-makers can use it as an example for performing their own EDP Focus Groups.
Following the application architecture described in previous steps, the information flows within the application are given in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1 Overview of the information flows within the EDP Focus Groups application.